Friday, February 24, 2012

How to activate SQL server 2005

I want to know if there is a way to activate an evaluation version of SQL Server 2005 without re-installing the product completely. Running evaluation in a production environment while waiting on my purchase of Standard edition to be completed. All I have is my Microsoft Open License Order Confirmation.

Standard Edition does not allow 'activation' to upgrade from evaluation product to licensed product.

You will need to install the Standard Edition.

I suggest a side-by-side installation, moving the database files over to the Standard Edition server when installation is complete

Then when you have completed the transition, uninstall the eval version.

However, if you wish to keep the default Instance name the same as the computer name, then you will probably need to remove the eval version first.

No comments:

Post a Comment