Friday, February 24, 2012

How to activate the MSDTC service?

Hello,

As newbie in server country I try a course example to test a distributed transaction accessing both SQL Server 2005 and Sql Server 2005 Express.

But I get an error message saying:
>MSDTC on server is not available

I Internetted somewhere that MSDTC stands for TransactionManager service.
If I look in the 'Services' list I do not see something like MSDTC, so I think it is not installed or started.

How do I install or activate the MSDTC service?

Thanks in advange,
Henk

Hi,

What OS are you using? I have Win2K3 and I do see "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" as a service.

Thanks

Waseem

|||

In the services list it should be named "Distributed Transaction Coordinator".

You should check ControlPanel->AdministrativeTools->Component Services->Computers->My Computer->Properties.

Have a look at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684146.aspx for a general documentation.

|||

Thanks both of you!

I'm using WinXP Prof and I see a 'Distributed Transaction Coordinator' service thats waiting to be started....
After starting it, my program runs fine!

regards,

Henk

No comments:

Post a Comment