Friday, February 24, 2012

How to achieve "On Error Resume Next" login in SSIS For Loop

Hello All,

I am developing a package using SSIS which needs to do the following.

1. Read all flat file from a folder. I am doing this using For Loop task. I know the total number of files in that folder hence I am setting the loop counter = file count.

2. The next step is to import the data from flat file to SQL server destination table using data flow task.

3. Upon successful completion of data flow task there are some other tasks like SQL to do some checks/validation on the data, export it to another tables.

Upon successful completion of step 3 the iteration goes to next file.

I want to achieve the following

IF step 2 has error (for example corrupt file or incomplete data), I want to fail data transfer completely, skip step 3, and go to step 1 for next available file and do rest.

How do I do this in SSIS?

Thanks for your help.

SGK

Hey SGK,

trying setting the maxerror count in properties to = 0

works for me, so it will keep going,

default is 1 so if an error occours it fails the whole thing

No comments:

Post a Comment