Friday, March 30, 2012

How to attach a DB that has not been deatached

My SQL is 2KSP3a (8.00.760)
I 've both MSDB datafiles with no backup that comes from a Destroyed Server
and I would like to recover DTS from them
This datafiles have not been detached previosly. Are recovered from original
disks when SQL its stopped.
I've installed a new SQL Server on a new machine
I've put the necessary flags, started SQL detached actual MSDB and...when i
try to do 'sp_attach_db' on a new server with the old MSDB I obtain the KB...
Knowledge Base
FIX: Transaction Log Restore Fails with Message 3456
PSS ID Number: 329487
Article Last Modified on 9/25/2003
How can i obtain the fix or resolve the DTS recovery?
Thansk a lot !!
Germa Guerra
Not sure if this applies to MSDB but it 's probably worth a look:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scri...p?scriptid=599
Restoring a .mdf
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Germa Guerra" <GermaGuerra@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A5D3DE5A-4D04-41B5-944E-2E8302621F31@.microsoft.com...
> My SQL is 2KSP3a (8.00.760)
> I 've both MSDB datafiles with no backup that comes from a Destroyed
> Server
> and I would like to recover DTS from them
> This datafiles have not been detached previosly. Are recovered from
> original
> disks when SQL its stopped.
> I've installed a new SQL Server on a new machine
> I've put the necessary flags, started SQL detached actual MSDB and...when
> i
> try to do 'sp_attach_db' on a new server with the old MSDB I obtain the
> KB...
> Knowledge Base
> FIX: Transaction Log Restore Fails with Message 3456
> PSS ID Number: 329487
> Article Last Modified on 9/25/2003
> --
> How can i obtain the fix or resolve the DTS recovery?
> Thansk a lot !!
> --
> Germa Guerra

No comments:

Post a Comment