Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to assign values to variables in a procedure in with select s

Hi,
I have code like this
:
CREATE PROCEDURE GET_OFFENDER_DATA @.value1 VARCHAR(8),@.name VARCHAR(30)
OUTPUT,@.sex VARCHAR(1) OUTPUT
AS
SELECT NAME,SEX from table1 where .....
Now I want to assign the value of Name and sex from the select statement to
variables @.name and @.sex.
How do I do that. I just do not want to execute the select statement twice
as the selection criteria is big.
Thanks,
JSSELECT @.name = name, @.sex = sex
FROM table1
WHERE (something that guarantees exactly one row)
"JS" <JS@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3796EA53-CC28-46F5-9653-68A052634C94@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have code like this
> :
> CREATE PROCEDURE GET_OFFENDER_DATA @.value1 VARCHAR(8),@.name VARCHAR(30)
> OUTPUT,@.sex VARCHAR(1) OUTPUT
> AS
> SELECT NAME,SEX from table1 where .....
> Now I want to assign the value of Name and sex from the select statement
> to
> variables @.name and @.sex.
> How do I do that. I just do not want to execute the select statement twice
> as the selection criteria is big.
> Thanks,
> JS
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment