Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to assign value to a package variable in a data flow task ?

Hi Everyone,

In the data flow task, i have done a group by and now i have a single row.... I want to assign the value in this row to a package variable.... Without using the script component .......Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Manu

You'll have to use the script component.|||

Hi Manu,

I haven't used it myself, yet. But i think you can use the recordset destination to bind a recordset to a variable.

Hope this helps, if so set this post to useful.

Thanks,

Johan Blad

|||

JBlad wrote:

Hi Manu,

I haven't used it myself, yet. But i think you can use the recordset destination to bind a recordset to a variable.

Hope this helps, if so set this post to useful.

Thanks,

Johan Blad

Yes, technically, but you'd still have to work with that recordset in the control flow, as the variable type would be Object. So you'd have to "shred" the recordset to get the real value.

|||Thanks, for me this is an eye-opener. Haven't worked with it and now doubt if i will.

No comments:

Post a Comment